If you want to clean your sinuses in less than 20 seconds all you need is tongue and thumb.
What causes the Nasal Congestion?
The Nasal passages usually get blocked up due to infections, viruses or bacteria. When sinus cavities it gets inflamed and that is making it hard for you to breathe. The nasal congestion usually cleans up within a week but you can fix it earlier with this treatment.
Follow these levels
- Place your thumb between the eyebrows and push your tongue against the top of your mouth.
- Apply pressure with your thumb for 20 seconds and the sinuses will start draining.
The science behind it
Lisa DeStefano, D.O known as assistant professor at the Michigan State University College declares that with this technique you help the vomer bone to go back and forth. The vomer bone actually is the bone that runs through our nasal passages to our mouth and the technique motions loosens congestion and its allowing your sinuses to drain.
Four DIY Remedies for Nasal Congestion
These following natural treatments can also help you cure your nasal congestion in case the previously mentioned technique is not working quite well for you.
- Organic Apple Cider Vinegar – take one tablespoon of honey, two tablespoon apple cider vinegar and mix it eight ounces of warm water. Besides this you can mix half cup of apple cider vinegar with half cup of water and put it for heating. After heating you can star inhale the steam with closed mouth and eyes? Improving results after a few days.
- Turmeric – because of the curcumrin compound inside it has strong anti- inflammatory background. Splash some turmeric in your meal before eating.
- Nasal Saline Rinse – the mixture contains quarter teaspoon of sea salt with one cup of warm water. Even with the fact that this is not the perfect comfortable solution because usually the rinse gets poured but many people are relaying on it. You should follow the instructions on the package very carefully and if this is your first time trying it you should ask someone for assistance.
- Oregano Oil – it can be used by ingesting it or by steaming but it is really hard to find and it is also expensive.