Cleaning window tracks is one of the most annoying chores, isn’t it? This tedious chore is petty gross if you put it off like many do. Well, we are all people.
However, there is no need for concern anymore, as there is this trick that gets this chore done quick and with little effort on your part.
Here is what you will need:
– Paper towel
– White vinegar
– Baking soda
– Butter knife
– An old toothbrush
1. Start by sprinkling some baking soda on the worst parts, which are usually the corners
2. Over the baking soda, spray a little bit of vinegar. This mixture is going to start bubbling, which is good
3. Let the mixture stay on for about five to ten minutes so that it has enough time to start working
4. Take the toothbrush and swipe the gunk towards the center with it.
5. Use the paper towel to stick all that gunk on it and then throw it away. You won’t find a photo of this, as it is rather gross
6. Use a wet towel to clean up the tracks of what is left, scrubbing if needed
7. If you cannot reach the corners, cover the butter knife with the towel and you will manage to clean everything well
8. Wipe down the whole track once again
9. Take a look at the well finished job that gives the impression that you have spent half an hour or more!
You can also use q-tips, even though they only hold a small amount and thus are not that efficient and take pretty much time.
Even though the cleaning of the window tracks is not a task that is being done very often, it still needs to be done, and knowing this tip will make it way better and easier from now on.