Stress can make hair loss worse. I addressed the stress and the hormones and it stopped the hair loss, but I wanted to do something to help my new hair grow more quickly and to protect my hair. This hair growth serum is the result. Some women go to a dermatologist or a beautician for hair-related problems. I go to my pantry. As with my homemade hair spray, sea salt spray, and dry shampoo, this homemade hair growth serum is less expensive than commercial options without the harmful chemicals. Hair Growth Serum Recipe This serum combines herbs and essential oils that are good for scalp health and hair growth:
- Nettle- Rich in iron and vitamins A, C and K plus potassium and magnesium. It is often used in natural hair products and helps stimulate hair growth
- Horsetail- High in silica and excellent for hair supporting hair growth.
- Aloe Vera Gel- Naturally thickens and soothes the scalp and serves as a silkening base for this serum.
- Essential Oils- Essential oils of Clary Sage, Rosemary, and Lavender are great for hair and scalp health.
Hair Growth Serum Ingredients
- 1 cup distilled water
- 2 Tablespoons Dried Nettle Leaf
- 2 Tablespoons Horsetail Leaf (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons Natural Aloe Vera Gel
- 10 drops of Clary Sage Essential Oil
- 10 drops of Rosemary Essential Oil
- 10 drops of Lavender Essential Oil
- Hair Growth Serum Instructions
Boil the distilled water and add the dried nettle leaf and horsetail leaf.
Let the herbs sit in the water for at least 10 minutes or until water cools.
Strain the herbs out and pour the herb infused liquid in to a spray bottle.
Add the aloe vera and essential oils and shake well.
Store in the fridge for up to 3 months and shake well before us.
How to Apply Hair Growth Serum
Spray liberally on hair roots once or more per day. I found that it was easiest and worked the best to spray on before bed each night.