Everyone loves microwaving. It is great, very simple and so convenient cooking option for everyone. The microwave oven was popular in the United States for over 30 years, virtually transforming the society and how we see the food. So, here comes the million-dollar question: are microwaves the healthiest option for cooking? The answer is – no, because there are so much better options that are available which will ensure that the nutrients will remain in the food you consume.
The microwave is a form of non-ionizing radiation. As a matter of contrast, the ionizing radiation changes the electromagnetic nature of the atoms, or it ionizes them. This alters the way in which they interact with the other atoms and molecules around them. Gamma radiation, X-rays, and nuclear medicine (CT scans, mammograms, and barium swallows) are types of ionizing radiation. The food is being zapped by high-frequency waves of heat, and there are people who argue that this radiation can be harmful to your health.
For that reason, we are going to mention the 5 most common diseases that are caused by microwave ovens.
- Fatigue -microwave ovens can be the cause for fatigue and for obesity as well
- Insomnia – you need to know that microwave impacts and causes damage to your brain
- Loss of nutrients – you already know that when using microwave oven, you kill all the flavors the food contains
- It eliminates the antioxidants – it destroy the antioxidant compounds in the foods, and that usually results in increased risk of heart attacks and higher levels of cholesterol
- Cancer – the radiation from the microwave ovens are accumulated in the human body and can cause cancer
This means that you have to be more careful and to avoid using these harmful devices. You always need to go for much safer and better option.