By Nishita P.
So, I have been getting my hair colored/bleached since almost 3.5 years regularly. I generally go for the Ombre/Balayage look. One of the most difficult things to do for a dark-haired woman is to maintain the processed hair and avoiding the brassiness. I just hate to see my hair turn orange after getting so much work done. I ran out of my regular shampoo for colored hair, so decided to try something different. After some intense search on the internet world, I came across Redken Blonde Glam Shampoo. Please keep on reading for my thoughts and experience with the shampoo.
- Redken Blonde Glam Shampoo and Conditioner activates brilliance, clarifies color and reinforces strength on all types of blonde hair.
- Gently cleanses, refines highlights and revives dimension.
- Helps improve color clarity and reinforces strength.
- Leaves hair brightened, conditioned, replenished and shiny.
- Activates sparkling, dimensional shine.
- Redken’s exclusive Interbond Conditioning System delivers grapefruit extract that combines with a natural anti-oxidant polyphenol and shimmering mica to form the exclusive Crystal Shine Complex. This highlight-targeted formula helps eliminate brassiness, clarify color and reinforce strength.
$28.67 for 10.1 fl oz.
My Experience with Redken Blonde Glam Shampoo:
Before I begin, I would like to mention about the nature of my hair. I have shoulder length hair, it’s wavy and frizzy at the ends (due to bleaching). I have been using this product since 3 weeks. The shampoo has citrusy smell. The smell is not strong or overpowering. After my first use, I saw that my hair had a lot of volume, the Ombre Balayage looked much brighter and blonder (if there is such a term :P). It definitely made a difference in terms of shine. My hair was super shiny.
Coming back to the volume part, I like it only because, my hair closer to the root is too smooth and limp and after I use the shampoo, my hair has more body, so I don’t have to back comb or use any other product for volume. I use this shampoo two times a week. The reason for limited usage is because I have seen that it makes the hair a bit frizzy when I use it often. I try to alternate with another hair smoothing shampoo. I have also seen that if I use it often, I have flyaways and some tangles in the hair.
Since I started using the shampoo, I don’t see the brassiness return back at all. I have not seen even a tiny trace of orange in my hair. I must add that it is a cleansing shampoo. It has left no residue or made my hair greasy. My scalp gets very oily on day 3, since I have started using this, I can go on without washing for about 4-5 days, which is brilliant. So, greasy scalp people, this is going to be a boon for you. It did not irritate my scalp. It is pretty gentle on the scalp.
You can see the picture of my colored hair. I usually sport the “woke up from bed” hair. Must mention that I colored my hair back in October 2015. I have not gone back for a trim, recolor, toning or glazing, since.
Pros of Redken Blonde Glam Shampoo:
- Highlights or color is much brighter.
- Adds a lot of shine.
- Gives good body and volume to hair.
- Good cleansing shampoo.
- Does not irritate scalp.
- Smell is pleasant.
Cons of Redken Blonde Glam Shampoo:
- Does not mention that its sulfate free/paraben free.
- Makes hair frizzy when used often.
Would I Repurchase/Recommend Redken Blonde Glam Shampoo?
Unless I find something else extraordinary, I will keep using the shampoo as I am now. But if someone is looking for a shampoo for both brightening and volume (for example, limp, volumeless hair) then yes, I would suggest the shampoo.