The liver is a vital organ of the body because it performs more than 400 functions, including the one for filtering waste and toxins from our body. The primary function of the liver is toeliminatecertain toxins and the waste from the body.
It is responsible for your whole health
However, if you consume healthy foods rich in important nutrients, the liver will optimally perform its functions and will not be overloaded, but if the food you eat is not healthy, it can become more difficult todo its functions and the toxins will start to accumulate in the body.
The liver can eliminate toxins in two stages.
The first stage comprises the use of enzymes to turn toxins into less harmful compounds, that may be further detoxified in the second stage.
The second stage includes combining the toxins with other molecules that enhance their solubility in water, in order to eliminate themsafely from the body.
Even if you eat healthy food and have a healthy lifestyle, you must use products for personal care and cleaning products that do not contain toxins. There are toxins in our environment, in water, air, plastic.
As we have said before, when the liver is slowed or doesn’t perform its functions properly, toxins have difficulties to leave the body and then they accumulate in the fat cells of your body. This can lead to excessive body weight .
Therefore, it is very important to stimulate the liver to perform its functions and to functionnormally. First, you need to know the symptoms that indicate that something is wrong with your liver.
- Pessimistic emotions
- Hormonal imbalance
- Feeling of exhaustion
- Pain in the eyes
- Chronic pain of muscles and joints
- Excessive sweating
- Weight gain for no evident reasons
- Chronic fatigue
- Abdominal pain
- Chronic bad breath
- Chemical Sensitivity
- Stone in the bile
- Skin diseases
If you notice any of these symptoms and signs, you need to boost your liver to properly carry out the functions and eliminate dangerous toxins. This can be done in the following ways:
- Eat a balanced diet
- Avoid refined sugar
- Reduce consumption of fructose (20-25 grams a day.)
- Remove the GMO products and buy only organic food,
- Use food that is a source of sulfur (onions)
- Eat foods that are a source of amino acids of vegetable origin
- Reduce or stop drinking alcohol
- Increase intake of green leafy vegetables
- Increase your intake of healthy fats
- Consume enough fiber
- Drink sufficient amounts of clean water
In addition, the following three natural products will help to restore the proper function of your liver.
- Turmeric– Its active ingredient, curcumin, is a powerful anti-inflammatory substance. It has numerous health benefits, such as helping enzymes that prevent the occurrence ofcancerogenic toxins in the body. Because of its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory abilities, it also protects the liver from damage and regenerate the affected cells. Note that, in order to stimulate its absorption, you need to combine it with black pepper. 2. Thistlemilk – The active ingredient in the thistle milkhas strong antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-viral and antifibrotic properties, so it prevents liver damage due to toxins, viruses, drugs and alcohol.
3. Artichoke – Being rich in fiber, it protects and enhances the activity of the liver and strengthens the production of bile. It also lowers LDL cholesterol.